Wednesday, December 1, 2010

$$$ SHOTS!!!

To me, a "money shot" does not have to be a timelapse of the Grand Canyon or a long exposure of the aurora borealis, but it has to show style and convey a mood. Granted I enjoy shooting timelapses for the experience surrounding their capture, however, I believe that there are many more shots out there that would take the cake over your typical sunrise. In this reel for camera operator and colorist Dan Skinner, the helicopter shot over downtown Orlando and the drifting sequences are some of the most interesting money shots I have seen in a while. (There are also a handful of sweet timelapses in here! Sorry I couldn't embed it!)

Dan Skinner Reel

I have used this video before, however, it bears repeating that many of this steadicam shots count as money shots as well for their composition and the tone that they create.

John Vieira Steadicam Montage


Something that I have not tried but aim to check out in the near future is HDR timelapses. This beautiful example is a money shot of its own!

HDR Timelapse

By clayton with No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment