Monday, November 1, 2010

Portrait of a Place

This past weekend, I photographed the University of Alabama campus over fall break. During the fall, football brings hundreds of thousands of people to the campus, however, when football is removed from the equation, the campus becomes a ghost town. I found this particularly interesting, and after shooting my portrait of a place, I took a great deal from seeing this massive campus literally abandoned for the weekend. Though I have not gained feedback from my peers yet, I was able to view several of my classmates' works. After viewing others' work, I began to understand the allure to telling a story using only visuals. The concept of visual storytelling is one that is easier to appreciate than to perform, and I look forward to becoming a better storyteller through this experience.




By clayton with No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment